Praemo is searching for creative technical people to help improve Razor™. We do not require you to have all the qualifications listed in the following job description. A lot of what we do can be learned on the job. If this position sounds interesting to you, we strongly encourage you to apply!
Founded by industry experts, Praemo is focused on the appropriate application of leading-edge analytic technologies within industrial operations. We believe there is a simpler more effective way to harvest insights from the industrial and manufacturing datasets that already exist.
Utilizing an organization’s operational and IoT (Internet of Things) data as-is, where-is, and applying statistical, machine learning, and AI tools, Razor transforms existing and under-utilized data into context-relevant actionable insights. These insights alert industrial operators to any anomalous behavior with the potential to harm performance in time to prevent an incident. Due to the generalized nature of Razor, it can be applied to a wide range of datasets.
Praemo has worked with customer datasets that range from discrete manufacturing to consumer-packaged goods to mining and processing plants.
The Praemo head office is located in downtown Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. We are looking for an energetic applicant with general knowledge of Linux & Python to help us out. If you thrive in an autonomous, empowering, and exciting environment, and have a strong desire to learn and investigate new technologies, we want to hear from you!
About the Tech Team
The Tech Team is divided into two interacting branches: Product Development and Emerging Applications. The Product Development team focuses on the development of Razor and Razor’s model suite while the Emerging Applications team monitors the application of Razor to new customer data and develops new analytical approaches for emerging use cases. Both teams collaborate regularly to drive the product forward.
Successful Tech Team members are:
- Motivated and self-starting
- Can think critically about their code as well as the team’s
- Can handle ambiguity
Overall, the Tech Team is dynamic with opportunities for everyone to contribute in a variety of ways. We run both Product Development and Emerging Applications Tech Teams as matrix organizations. Each team member is responsible for their own projects, with the entire team available for brainstorming and mentoring. We feel this structure allows you the freedom to create without the burden of micromanagement. We encourage taking ping-pong or coffee breaks and using all paid time off – a rested mind is an efficient mind!
The tech team also has plenty of opportunities to grow in whichever capacity you’re looking for. Want to upskill? Great! We have annual support for continuing education. Want to take on more responsibility and improve those leadership skills? Praemo will support your ambitions. Want to dip your feet in another team’s pool and learn something new? We’ll make it work! Want to see how many donuts you can eat in a day? Same. We’re in this together
About your role
At Praemo, the Tech Team works with data at massive scales and drives the development of our products. We work closely with our sales department and customers to shape the ongoing development of Razor. As a Data Scientist, you will have a direct impact on both our customers’ bottom line and our own.
Through model and utility development for Razor you will help provide actionable insights across all customers’ processes. In addition to your day-to-day tasks, you will also be expected to gain experience with the global system by contributing to other team-members’ projects in the form of code-review and brainstorming.
- Build statistical or machine learning based solutions (descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, or prescriptive) while maintaining a generalized customer-centric point-of-view
- Work closely with and incorporate feedback from internal Data Science and Sales teams
- Actively participate in team-wide activities such as code review, brainstorming, and code quality assurance
- Mentor Co-op Students and Junior Data Scientists
** reminder: we do not require you to check every box. Please apply if you check even a portion!
- Comfortable with Python (Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, Matplotlib, Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras)
- Familiar with Statistics, Machine Learning, and/or AI technologies
- General knowledge of Linux
- General command line commands
- General database concepts (Queries, State, Throughput)
- Basic containerization concepts for model deployment
- Great verbal and written communication skills for collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team
- Readily offer constructive feedback during code review
- Strong focus on documentation and sharing
- Real passion for working in a team to develop solutions for complex problems
- Thrive in an autonomous, empowering and exciting environment
- A strong desire to learn and investigate new technologies
- 2-4 years of data science experience (this may include Graduate Studies)
- or College diploma in STEM field
- Projects relating to Statistics, Machine Learning, Deep Learning
- Experience with Git or other version control software
- Previous startup experience nice, but not required
- Some mechanical and industrial process knowledge
- Some database knowledge
- Desire to grow into a leadership role
At Praemo we offer an environment that encourages personal growth and continuous improvement. We provide family-focused benefits to all our employees.
- Life, Medical, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Flexible Working Hours
- Casual Bi-Weekly Tech-Team Hack-a-Thon
- Annual Support for Continuing Education
- Paid Time Off
- Located near LRT station (Borden), Tim Hortons, and Grand River Rocks
Praemo is an equal opportunity employer with a proven commitment to diversity and inclusion. We are proud to have received the Platinum Seal from Diversio for ranking in the top 5% of technology companies when it comes to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations are required due to a disability or medical condition, contact us via email at email@example.com.
Check out our website and our social media to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Praemo. We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information please visit: